Thursday, January 7, 2010

H is for Home

One morning last year I was finishing something off for school on my mom’s computer. I went to take it down the stairs and guess what, I fell. I didn’t only drop the computer but I hurt my arm and back. The computer was okay and I guess I was too, though it was really painful at the time. That is just one of the many times that I have fallen down the stairs at my own house. There are a lot of stairs at my house and that is third on my list of the top three things I don’t like about my house. The good thing about having lots stairs in your house is that it means your house is pretty big. That’s third on the top three things I like about my house.

My room. That is second on the top three things I don’t like about my house. It isn’t that my room isn’t big, or nice or anything. It’s the fact that I share it with the devil. It wasn’t so bad when we were younger because we didn’t fight as much but now we both loathe it to the extreme. We fight constantly. The only thing good about that is that she isn’t home as often as me so I usually get the room all to myself. Though her stuff is still there. The second thing on my list of things that I like about my house is the fact that it’s so homey. It isn’t always the neatest (My mother doesn’t like that. You should see her when she gets mad at us for the messy house! Its actually kind of menacing.) But it’s home and unquestionably without a doubt one of the best.

Picture nowhere. Then picture the middle and that is where you’ll find me. I live in the middle of nowhere. Seriously, I am not joking. That is where I live. The population is about 33 and that’s counting the place that is technically outside the boundaries of my neighborhood, so really only 28. I live 45 minutes away from the school, Waterloo, and Kitchener. My house is closer to an hour away from Cambridge and Guelph. 1 hour and a half away from Toronto, and that’s if the traffic and weather is good. That is most definitely the #1 thing on the list of the top three things that I dislike the most about my house. The thing that I do like about where my house is located the fact that it is always peaceful, calm, and stunning, especially in the summer. Well it’s always stunning in the summer. You see we live on a lake and people like to go boating there and it can sometimes get pretty crazy, but I don’t mind because those people on the boats remind me that I’m not the only one the planet. That is certainly first on my list of the top three favorite things about my house.

So even though my house had its up and downs I still can't wait to go home some nights because its just so great.

Life Lesson: Avoid sharing a room with sister at all coast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment