Tuesday, January 12, 2010

E is for Emelie

"OUCH! That HURT,"

Those were Emelie's first words to me on October first in grade six.

"Sorry, Tommy told me it didn't hurt you if I were to punch you." (Tommy was someone Emelie was siting next to at the time). But I didn't punch her that hard.

"Well that one hurt."

"Sorry," I said. I really didn't like her then, but I new I would have to be nice because I would be siting beside her for a while.


Emelie and I are best friends now. She is 12, almost 13. She has one sister and one brother. Her sister, alex, is my sisters age, 15, and her brother, jason, is 7. He is her half brother. Her parents were divorced when she was young and her mother is remarried to her brothers father. I have double what Emelie has. I have two brothers and two sisters. They are all older than me. My brothers are both my half brothers in same as hers. My father was married before he had me and my sisters. After he got a divorce he remarried to my mother. Our families are somewhat similar in that way. Emelie and her sister get along most of the time. My family doean't get along as well. It is really quite appawlling. We fight all the time were as Emelie and her sister are friends. Weird, I know. It is rather odd how comparable our families are and how much they differ from each other at the same time.

Emelie and I know each other very well. Her favorite sport is tennis. She plays volleyball in the winter and did track last year in the spring. My favorite sports are basketball and cross country. I do those in the fall, skiing and volleyball in the winter and track and field in the spring. Emelies favorite colour is pink and mine is yellow. She is really into music and I'm not as much. Take the fact that she has about 400 songs on her iPod and I have about 117. She is quite smart though and so am I, so I guess that we are similar in some ways but most of the time we have a very different opinion about things that we enjoy and don't enjoy.

Emelie and I always have a great time with each other and a good laugh. Emelie is a funny, and crazy person. She can sometimes be mean, but only to me and no one else see's it, but that's okay because its I am just fun and games, not actually seriously mean. Emelie is also smart. I am funny and crazy as well and can be a little bit mean to her sometimes, but like I said its just for laughs. I am pretty smart too. I think we are very similar in the way of personalities.

In the end I think that Emelie and I are very different in very many ways; like our families and things we enjoy, but at the same time I feel as though we are very similar in the way of our personalities. I think that it is okay for people who spend a lot of time with each other, whether its a best friend or husband, to be different because other wise you would agree on everything and that would just be boring. I guess its true what the say "opposites attract."

Life Lesson: Stay away from the people that have a lot a lot of things in common with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment