Monday, May 3, 2010

A is For Alone

You’re home alone for the first time. You’re sitting there watching T.V., trying to ignore that one thought that keeps tugging at the back of your mind. What if some ones here? You know you’re over exaggerating, but you can’t help it. You’ve heard about kind of thing before. Your heart starts pounding so fast and hard you feel as though its about to break out of your rib cage. What do I do, you think. A sweat breaks out on your palms. You want desperately to call your parent but are to horrified about what could happen if you dare move, you can’t. Then you hear to front door creak and then start to open bit by bit and you feel like a statue, frozen in time forever. Then relief floods through your body, and in that instant you know everything will be okay. It’s just your parents.

This was what my first time home alone was like when I was ten. Some people quite enjoy being alone, others can’t stand being on their own. I really can’t say that I have an opinion on this because I have never really truly been on my own. The closest I have ever come is being left home alone. If I had to base a decision on what I have experienced so far I would have to say that I have grown quite fond of being alone, because it gives me time to think and I enjoy the piece and quit. What is your opinion on being on your own?

I think being on your own is just something that you have to get used to. I think that living on your own builds character and makes you stronger and so much more independent. Its something, even though I probably will hate it, its something I want to do when I’m old enough. Do you think that you would ever want to do you want to live on your own when your old enough or if you are already past that age do you wish you had done lived on your own for a while?

Life Lesson: Even though you are scared to do something, don’t give up because you may just become something better because of it!

I commented on Hannah's Blog M is for Math

1 comment:

  1. Nice post laurel! I like how you started your post with a story and then explained how you feel about staying alone. I know how you feel, the first time I stayed home alone I was 10 and I was really freaked out. But know I don't mind it. If you would have finished your post with a story it would have connected the beginning to the ending. But other than that the post was great!

    ReplyDelete