Wednesday, April 21, 2010

F is for My Furture

Some people think that their future is already decided and everything in life in a way has already happened because even if you wanted to you couldn't change it, like in The Time Travelers Wife (the main character travels through time and can't change the events of his past to make an effect on his future). I don't agree with that. Do you?

When you think about our lives are, though undecided, still very planed. When you hit the age of about three or four you go to school until your seventeen or eighteen, which in my opinion is boring. They should work on spicing that up a bit. After that you can then either take a year off, or more commonly go to college or university. Then you can go and get a job, and get married and have a family. You then work until your kids leave the house or until you retire. Then you live with your husband or wife in a old peoples retirement home (EW) until you die. I don't want my life to be like that when I'm older because no offense to the people who live like that but it is too boring for me.

When I'm older I want to finish school at SJK. I want to play basketball at the amazing Duke University, and get a good education there. I am going to change their woman's basketball leauge there forever. I don't know what I want to do yet, but when I do I know it will be something I enjoy and it will be great. I want to then take one or two years off before going to work. You know do something fun. I want to do something great in that year. Not just go backpacking through Europe or something like that, but I want to make a difference. I want to change some kids lives somewhere. I want to change their future for them and give them the possibilities that we all got and have. After that I want to come home. I don't know where home will be then. Probably somewhere in British Columbia or Prince Edwards Island. I want to live on the coast where you can watch the golden sunrise in the morning and the waves hit the beach and feel the ocean breeze on my face. That is a must. I don't want to get married right away or anything. I want to get a good job. I don't want to be insanely rich when I'm older, just comfortable. To me it doesn't make sense that some of us should be so unimaginably rich and others unimaginably poor. I then want to make an impact on the environment. Help it in some way. Then I want to get married, and of course have some kids. Three girls and one boy. The boy will be the youngest. When my kids are all older and have children of their own I don't want to go live in an old people home, I want to go back out into the world and do something great again. This time I want to go sit seeing. Maybe see the great wall of China. I've always wanted to do that. Something fun. Something that'll make me feel young again. Then on the day I turn 90 I want to die. Go out on the same day I came in. That is the only thing that I want for sure in my life to happen, because 89 is to young and by the time I'm 90 I don't think the world will be a very nice place. That would be my dream future, but then again you never know. I could make one bad decision at the age of 15 and ruin my future forever.

I think that my future is undecided. It isn't a door just waiting to be opened, that's already ordained. I think that everything I did yesterday and the day before established what I am doing right now and what I do tomorrow and the day after that will set my future.

Life Lesson: Your future is still undecided, so take controll of it. Don't let one bad decision ruin your life forever.

I commented on Erika's Blog.

It won't let me post my comment on Erika's blog so this is my comment below: (you can still see Erika's blog my clicking her name, my comment is just here in stead of there)

Hey Erika, great Post. It really makes me appreciate how special and improtant my family really is to me. You ask a lot of questions and it really makes you think. It's adds a good touch to the whole thing. Maybe next time you could widen your vocabulary a bit, but other then that it's amazing!!!!

LAUREL

1 comment:

  1. Great post Laurel! Your future sounds interesting! I hope your basketball career is awesome! I liked how you used interesting words like unimaginable and ordained. I liked how you explained your future!I am glad that you understand that your whole future could be changed at the drop of a hat. I wish you the best at your Duke University/Basketball/4 kid future and I hope that all your future dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete