Tuesday, March 2, 2010

F is for FOOD!!!

I love food. I wouldn't be able to live without it. I know no one can live without food, what I mean is that I couldn't live without the taste of food. I probably eat twice as much as the normal 12\13 year old in one day. Its a good thing that I have a high metabolism. Food is like my god. I literally worship it. The only bad thing about food is that if you eat to much you'll get fat and if you don't eat enough of the right things you'll be unhealthy. As well as the fact that some foods taste really really horrible.

Squash. It tastes like the kind of hand sanitizer that they have at the school after it has been flushed down a toilet and sat in a sower for a mouth and then finally it was cooked in our, now ruined microwave. When I was younger I used to pretend to eat it but really I'd stick in these spaces that we have under our kitchen table. My mother soon figured out what I was doing because well I little and I wasn't very good at hiding things and well lets just say she watches me eat my squash now. Then there's cooked carrots. They taste almost as appalling as squash. They tasted like they've sat out side in the sun all day (ew) and then like they've been run over by a couple of trucks that have some meager exhaust. I hate them even more when they are cooked in honey. When we have cooked carrots at home I refuse to eat them and my mother can't really do anything about it so I get to eat raw carrots, which I do enjoy.

Spaghetti, seafood linguini, tortellini. Those are my favorite, non-candy, foods. I pretty much adore any kind of pasta. I devourer anything that is put in front of me that even looks like pasta. To me pasta is the food of the gods. Pasta is to me what chocolate is to most people, and if you didn't know most people absolutly worship chocolate. I think that if it didn't make you fat people would eat chocolate all the time. That's one of the good things about pasta, it's healthy and delectable. Anyways to me pasta tastes like a mixture of the juciest tomato's and the finest most nicelyest cooked meat ever. Along with freashly baked mushrooms and exquisite parmesan cheese. That's just the sauce, don't even get me started on the actual pasta. It taastes heavenly. That's the only word can think that can even come close to how my mom's home made pasta tastes to me. I especially like it when it's smothered in the richest butter you could possibly find. That is what my moms home made pasta tastes like to me.

So all in all I think food is pretty awsome, even though there are some foods that I have an aversion to, like cooked carrots, the other foods, like pasta, definitly make up for the horrid ones. Also life is short so don't worry about chocolate being a fatty food, if it's your favorite eat it, and hey maybe you'll discover that you have a high metabolism That is why I wouldn't not be able to live without food.

Life Leason: The next time that you have to eat some food that you hate dreadfully, like squash, just imagine that you are eating your favorite food in the whole entire world and I guarantee that you will get through it.

1 comment:

  1. Laurel, your blog was great! You were very descriptive, and the fact that you dislike squash stood out!And the fact that you love pasta did as well. I can tell that you put a lot of thought into it, remember to watch your spelling! ;)
    Other than 1 or 2 spelling mistakes I thought your blog was very well written!
    LOVE EMELIE!

    ReplyDelete