Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Do Clothes Shape Who You Are?

Do clothes shape who you are? I think you get to chose weather you want clothes shape who you are. I think this because say you saw someone walking down the street wearing designer everything, then you'd know they cared what people thought about them, and that they had a lot of money. If you saw someone who was walking down the street in just a plain shirt and pants you wouldn't be able to tell anything about them. You wouldn't be able to tell weather their nice or rich or poor or weather their cool. You'd only be able to tell that they decided to wear that today.

If you saw someone who was wearing a shirt that said "Go Green" you would be able to tell from that that they cared about the environment. Like sometimes when i go to the mall after school or the dentist or the hair dressers, everyone knows what school i go t0 because of the uniform, but we don't get to chose what we wear. They also know that i go to a private school. I don't think clothes can diffine who you are, beacuse mostly i think you get to chose. That is what i think about "Do clothes shape who you are?"

2 comments:

  1. Wow laurel that was a really good post! I don't agree with though because even if it is mean and unfair people still judge eachother based on their colthes. I like what you said about the uniform I feel the same way when I go into public places, sometimes I like going places in my uniform because it starts a conversation about what school I go to and if I like the uniform. It's a good blog laurel!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good first post Laurel. Your opinion on the issue is clear and your first paragraph outlines it well. Your second paragraph is not quite as clear and although your peers and I understand what you are getting at but your ideas about the uniform are a little unfinished. In your next post focus on writing a strong introduction and memorable conclusion.

    ReplyDelete